Monday 3 October 2016

Review of the 92 #4 - Port Vale

 I apologise, it's yet another League One club, but the way I'm looking at it is, they have to be done at some point right? Ocotber is going to be a fairly slow month, Coventry have a couple of home games and the international break limits the number of games. On top of that I'm going to Slovenia next week for my first England away game. As for Vale, if you want to see my report on the Sky Blues' first win of the season then you can do so here:

http://aviewfromthestandss.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/my-seventeenth-1617-game-port-vale-vs.html

Away Day price table:

Millwall: £64.45
Gillingham: £52.40
Fleetwood Town: £39

 This being our first win of the season, it's a whole lot easier to write about Port Vale as a place, even if I do think it's a horrible area. Burslem isn't the nicest area at the best of times, but even less so when it's crowded by police. Last week I had a laugh and a joke about Gillingham's wannabe hooligans even though they are about 12. Here though I wouldn't mess with the fans as they certainly aren't 12.

 Vale Park is a perfect reflection of Burslem, an absolutely vile ground. It's quite traditional you could say but there are poles which restrict your view from the away end. It doesn't look like a 19,000 seater but it is, one thing that they have got going for them is a McDonald's in the home end which I was very jealous of considering we had a tiny little bar.

 Even though it was tiny, it did sell alcohol with a bottle of Carling being £3.50 a piece. I myself bought a Fanta as I'm under-age  very responsible. Saying that, I was involved in the half time beer party where I think about £150 worth of Carling got launched over everyone whilst singing 'Twist and Shout' amongst other things. A Fanta and 2 Bovrils, totalling £7, I'm not sure of the individual prices but there you go. A pie was £3 and it wasn't the best but had to do at that point.

 I've jumped the gun a bit by doing fans and food before travel and tickets, I went by car, once again I didn't pay for it but let's assume I gave £10 for petrol. The ticket price was £22 which is quite steep considering what you're paying for, but then again, this was the best away day of the season so far. Being completely honest, the pricing for this one was quite decent compared what it's cost for the first.

Ticket for £22, travel for £10, food and drink for £10 totals up to £42 putting it in third place just £ more than Fleetwood. Next club will 99% be Charlton Athletic, unless I pull something out of the bag and go to somewhere like Liverpool on a Monday night then that's what will happen. I do need to get my first Premier League, Championship and League 2 clubs quickly though otherwise this is going to be very repetitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment